Tuesday 15 May 2012

Love Found

All the years before, I felt alone, isolated and unable to connect. I walked through the big cold halls with a vacant look in my eyes. I wasn't living my life the way I wanted to live it. My passion wilted because it lacked the necessary nurturing needed for growth. I woke up one day from years of being trapped in the darkness. My eyes opened and I came to the conclusion that I must take the first step towards love and happiness. I applied for a Peer Health Educator position at York and I was offered the position. I was overjoyed. I belonged somewhere. I had a team now that could support me.I walked through the halls, wearing my red and white proudly. My inner joy shined. I smiled, danced and spread my love to my community. Last year, I, Joy Simone, fell in love. I fell in love with the vibrancy, beauty and spirit of York University.

No comments:

Post a Comment